Monday 27 September 2010

Home for a week!!

Having been away from home for the past few weeks , it's lovely to be back in my own kitchen and couldn't resist making a pud yesterday. Our friends, the Jacksons, came over for a takeaway ( didn't get back from Liverpool till the early hours of Sunday morning) and I threw together an old favourite - Auntie Lorna's Cappucino Pavlova!!
As the title suggests, it was passed onto me by my godmother who used to make it every Boxing Day for lunch and it's always been one of my favourites since I was small.
It's so easy - a basic pavlova but with coffee and tia maria added to the cream.
Went down a treat , adults and kids alike ( there's only a small amount of alcohol in it!!)
It was great catching up with everyone having been away for a while.
Looking forward to the new Nigella series starting. There's nothing that I've made of hers that hasn't turned out well!!! Great recipes!
The play is going really well and has had great reviews, which is fantastic.
At Watford Palace this week and move to Salisbury next. ( northern-broadsides.co.uk )
Now we are in a routine I must organise a Cake Club.
Watch out for me on Lorraine tomorrow and This Morning on Weds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendi - looks lovely! You should add a link from your blog to @tara_cain's #gallery the subject this week is food - will help lots of people to find your fab blog. http://stickyfingers1.blogspot.com/2010/09/gallery-food.html

    ReplyDelete