Sunday 7 August 2011

Lunch at Hand and Flowers with Dan and Susan!

July 4th - American Independance Day. Not really any need to celebrate but a good enough excuse for lunch out.
Our friends Dan and Susan ( of Kenny pants fame - see january post) had been wanting to visit the Hand and Flowers in Marlow for a while. Kenny and I have been a few times now and love Tom Kerridge's food but wanted to try the new menu with all his dishes from this year's Great British Menu.
I couldn't persuade Kenny to have the pork as the trotters put him off and the dish is for two people - so went for the most beautiful smoked haddock omelette, real comfort food - so delicious!!
The table next to us ordered the pork though and it looked spectacular.
Thankfully, Tom's take on strawberries and cream was on the menu and I just had to have it. However ,I was so desperate to tuck in that I forgot to take a photo till I was half way through it!!
A delicious lunch!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment