Wednesday 23 January 2013

White Christmas 1st Night Buns !

1st Night presents and cards are always tricky to find or think of..... but I had the idea of making cakes as something slighty different from chocolate, flowers or wine !!
Then I realised that I needed to make 60 as White Christmas had a huge crew as well as over 30 in the cast !!
I found a fabulous company on line www.cakecrazy.co.uk who print onto icing your own design ... so easy and very reasonable.. and quick ( within 2 days once design agreed).
I put the White Christmas logo on and personalised it with the theatre and year too.


I used my basic cupcake mix.. ( makes about 15)
Preheat oven to 190 oC / 180 oC fan

250g soft butter
250g caster sugar
4 med eggs
2 tblsps milk
250g self raising flour
1tblsp vanilla extract

Cream together, till very pale and fluffy, the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
Beat in the eggs a bit at a time... don't worry if it curdles slightly.. just add a little of the flour.
Fold in the flour and then mix in the milk.
Divide into cupcake papers and bake for 13 - 15 minutes... until the tops spring back.

Allow to cool and ice as required ... then I paced the discs on top according to their instructions..

They went down really well with everyone and were certainly different..


No comments:

Post a Comment