Monday 11 October 2010

Cherry Bakewell at the New Vic!!

Finished the week in Salisbury feeling very pleased with ourselves - great reviews and houses and we managed to finish the jigsaw that was in the green room of Charles and Di's wedding - only 2 pieces missing!!!
Here it is.
Had a quiet Sunday at home and baked for this week. Couldn't decide which cake to make and then had a brainwave. Mr.Roy in the company was telling me how he was going to Bakewell for Christmas so I decided to invent my version of a cherry bakewell.
First I made the sponges
250g butter
250g golden caster sugar
4 eggs
150g Self raising flour
100g ground almonds
1 tsp almond essence
100g glace cherries, chopped.

Once cooled I sliced them in half and filled with raspberry jam and a thin slice of marzipan and joined them together with almond flavoured buttercream.
Finally I iced and decorated with cherries and flaked almonds.
Gone in 20 mins !!!!!!

Gracie decided she wanted to join in too, so she made some almond buns and they were really moist.
Looking forward to Masterchef the professionals tonight after the show - really getting into it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment