Tuesday 13 September 2011

Camomile, Lemon and Honey Cupcakes!!

I had to wait in this morning for a delivery of 5000 roof tiles ( when will the builders be gone!!) and had the choice of baking or learning lines for forthcoming tour of Vagina Monologues - Baking won!!!
Looked in cupboard and found some camomile,honey and lemon teabags. Could they combined into a cake mix? Well I gave it a go!! They tasted delicious!!
Here's what I did -

Camomile, Lemon and Honey Cupcakes

250 g Soft Butter
250 g Caster Sugar
4 medium eggs
contents of 3 camomile, honey and lemon teabags
4 tsps lemon oil
1 tblsp honey
250 g Self Raising flour

Cream the butter and sugar together.
Add eggs and beat well.
Add teabag contents, lemon oil and honey.
Fold in flour.
Spoon into cake cases.
Bake in 180 oC oven for 15 mins

Ice with icing sugar mixed with lemon juice and decorate with jelly lemons!!! ( Take me back to my childhood!!!)

See what you think............  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! It's me old mucker Wendi!
    Hello there! Wonder if you remember me from those fabby days at The Duchess Theatre and "A Month Of Sundays"! Clue... George Cole... plastic cones... Any excuse for a party in the stalls bar! Ha ha ha!
    Been trying to find an Email for you on here, can't find one so hope you'll want to get in touch. Got a lot of catching up to do clearly! =>
    So "Let's do the time warp again!
    I'm on twitter @Joolyart hope to hear from you!
    Lots of love
    Julie
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing some fab stuff here Wendi - have never understood how actors/actresses learn their lines though!

    ReplyDelete