Tuesday 6 December 2011

Banoffee Cake was voted favourite Vagina Monologues cake!!

The last week of Vagina Monologues tour flew by!!
So sorry this post is late but our hotels for the week didn't have wifi.
Louisa Lytton left us to go off to Pantoland and although I was sad to see her go, I was very excited as we were joined by Mel Giedroyc who co presents the Great British Bake Off !!! So many questions to ask - could I limit it to one a day?????
The pressure was on for the final cake and Banoffee Cake was voted in as a favourite of the tour. I had a bit of a panic on packing the cake up for travelling to Llandudno as it kept sliding off the base but that was solved by a top tip from one of my followers on twitter -  use a cereal box and cut a collar for it and tape it around in the tin - brilliant !! Arrived in one piece!
It really is so delicious - even if I say so myself - and Mel loved it - Phew !!The recipe is on an earlier post in October although I noticed I forgot the flour on it - 325g of sef raising flour - ENJOY !! and goodbye Vagina Monologues Cake Club - It's been fun !

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing!! I love banoffee pie so I'm sure I'd love this cake as well. Must give it a go one day.

    ReplyDelete