Friday 30 December 2011

Dad's 70th Birthday at Northcote !!

As I mentioned in my last post, Christmas is a very busy time for my family with lots of birthdays too, with my Dad's being on Christmas Day.
Every year we are joined by friends and family to celebrate at Northcote, a michelin starred hotel and restaurant near Clitheroe in Lancashire run by Craig Bancroft and Nigel Haworth. The head chef is Lisa Allen - both Nigel and Lisa have had winning courses on BBC2's The Great British Menu.
I've been lucky enough to have eaten there many times over the last 25 years and Kenny and I also had our Wedding Reception there in 1993.
Dad had chosen a beautiful menu ( no doubt with a little help from the kitchen )


There were a couple of changes as Kenny doesn't eat fish - so he had a beautiful egg on a bed of mushrooms.


Here is the halibut fish course - the parcel of shrimps and cockles was divine.


I didn't manage to get a photo of lamb as Kenny couldn't wait to tuck in !! I had monkfish as I'm not a huge red meat fan -


For pudding was a treacle tart bit with a hint of ginger and the salted sheep's milk icecream stopped it from being too sweet - gorgeous.



And not forgetting chocolates and petit fours with a Christmassy mincemeat feel, eccles cakes, honeycomb and mincemeat truffles.



Mum had organised a cake at the last minute - guess what Dad's main hobby has always been !!



It was a wonderful afternoon catching up with family and old friends - Happy 70th Birthday Dad !!









1 comment:

  1. Food looks fantastic, Dad looks good and healthy and enjoying life for 70...what more does anyone want?
    Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete