Friday 30 December 2011

Rhubarb and Ginger cake for Nick ( @mydaddycooks )!!

I was invited on to Nick Coffer's afternoon radio show on BBC 3 Counties radio ( which covers Beds, Bucks and Herts ) to discuss my passion for baking and my career. Nick has a wonderful book out called My Daddy Cooks which has recipes he cooks with his small son Archie and I was lucky enough to be given a copy ( thanks Nick).
It was only right that I should take a cake with me -  so I decided on my Rhubarb and Ginger Cake, I thought it would be appropriate after so much chocolate and rich food over Christmas, as it is very fresh and light. The recipe can be found in November's posts although this time I used fresh cream for filling ( whipped double ) and just iced with plain icing - it made it a little less sweet. It went down a treat at the radio station.


Managed to save a slice to take home for Kenny as he has declared it his new favourite cake !! It was lovely chatting with Nick about my passion for baking - just hope I didn't talk too much !!


Myself and Nick Coffer - author of My Daddy Cooks - @mydaddycooks on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment