Friday 30 December 2011

Betty's in Harrogate for Kenny's Birthday !!

Christmas is a busy time of year for most people but even more so in my family - my Dad's Birthday is on Christmas Day ( more about that in my next post ) and Kenny, my husband's is on the 28th !! Expensive !!
I decided I would take him on a trip to Harrogate and we'd have Afternoon Tea at the world famous Betty's ( the shops are quite nice there too !! ).


I've visited a lot in the last few years as it is always the 1st thing to do when on tour in Harrogate or York and have fallen in love with their Fat Rascals - these are a kind of spiced rock cake/scone and are served warm with butter.
It's very rare that you don't have to queue to get in and we braved the Yorkshire wind for 30 minutes before being shown to a table.


It was pots of tea and Fat Rascals all round !! So delicious - I'll have to have a go at baking them soon !!


Here's to Betty's - nearly 100 years old !!

No comments:

Post a Comment